People Can't Stand a Taste of Their Own Medicine
I saw a video today of a fight that reminded me of something I learned some years ago: people can't stand a taste of their own medicine. This video is the Haru Basho Day 10 match between Wakanosho and Nishikifuji. Waskanasho has put on an impressive performance in Juryo so far.
video courtesy of Facebook's Sumosumosumo.
Wakanosho starts with a thrusting Tsuppari attack and drives Nishikifuji to the edge. It looked like he was going to get Nishikifuji out but somehow, Nishikifuji is able to start a Tsuppari attack on his own and drive Wakanosho to the opposite side and then gets him out.
I also noticed this in the last Basho when I think Kirishima and/or another person did a Sakatottari on another rikishi. The person was going to do a tottari and they countered it with one of their own.
In real life, I've had the situation where people who were making loud noise could not stand it when another person did that. They played loud music and when countered with loud music in a different genre, they were banging walls. It's like the person who cheats claiming they're hurt when it's done to them (no, I do not encourage that). A better group involves those who use the silence treatment; they themselves can't stand being ignored. I learned this some years ago. The funny thing is that I don't ignore people on purpose because I really don't care. I usually just choose to move on and this is when they realize that not only am I not responding to them, but also I'm not even paying attention to them or acting like they exist. It's not a tactic because I don't intend to have such people in my life so that when they come making attempts to get back in, I have no interest. People who use the silent treatment are toxic. They've indicated that they intend to hurt/harm you emotionally. Act according to that knowledge and get away from them. You wouldn't be around a wild dog who has made attempts at harming you.
In the case of the loud music, playing something from a Christian artist worked and I didn't do it to counter them, I did it to block out their loud music because I didn't want to hear that garbage.
So, learn to counter. Counter them. Oh...that reminds me. I had an experience recently where a person had been doing something for months while I had completely ignored them. They recently started upping the ante and I decided, "enough!" So I decided to fight back and without even thinking of this lesson, I now realize that I used their own tactics back on them. The funny thing is that they've been silent and missing. I really need to remember this lesson more often. Nishikifuji took a good attack at the beginning but he got the sense to counter and start his own thrusting attack and it worked beautifully.
Sometimes, you hear the phrase, fight fire with fire. It sounds counter-intuitive but figuratively speaking, most people won't stand under their own tactics so that what works on them is exactly what they are doing to you. What's funny is when people complain when they have what they've been doing done to them. They don't realize that it's the same thing they've been doing to others and are simply getting a taste of their own medicine. I don't think the best means is to always "fight fire with fire" because it is unwise to repeat the foolishness done by another person. However, you can apply wisdom and act shrewdly. There is is a way to respond accordingly and act like they do if they act foolishly. The Bible says it best in Proverbs 26:4 and Proverbs 26:5:
The lesson here is find out how someone punishes you and initiate a counterattack for that is what they consider punishment. The surprising thing you'll find is that they don't have an antidote of their own Medicine because they are used to dishing it out and have no idea what it taste like. Forced to take it, people cannot stand a taste of their own medicine.

Comments
Post a Comment